Your Cart is Empty
How much can I save
Summary of the benefits of installing PV panels
1. Cut your electricity bills: sunlight is free, so once you've paid for the initial installation your electricity costs will be reduced.
2. Get paid for the electricity you generate: the government's Feed-In Tariffs pay you for the electricity you generate, even if you use it.
3. Sell electricity back to the grid: if your system is producing more electricity than you need, or when you can't use it, you can sell the surplus back to the grid.
Cut your electricity bills.
A PV 3.5kWp will produce about 3000kWh in the south east on a favourable roof. This is about three quarters of the electricity consumption of a standard home. If you use your electrical equipment during the day then most of that generated energy will be used at reducing your fuel bills. Any electricity that is not use will be sold to the grid.
Get paid for the electricity you generate - Feed in TariffThe feed in tariff provides a payment for every kilo watt hour unit of electricity that is produced by your photovoltaic solar panels. The rate you get paid by the energy utility company is the same for each energy provider. The payments are tax free, index linked and are paid for 20 years.
Sell electricity back to the grid
You won't always be able to use all of the free energy you generate from your solar photovoltaic system but don't worry because you will get an export top up payment for each unit of electricity you export.
What must you do to qualify for the feed in tariff?In order to be eligible for feed in tariffs your solar photovoltaic system must be:
- Installed by an installer approved by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
- The solar panels must be approved by the MCS
- The solar inverter must be approved by the MCS
- Property must have a EPC rating of D or better