Regardless of what floor finish you choose, insulation can help improve the efficacy of your underfloor heating giving you a better output from the mats and a quicker warm up time. Under wood, laminate and carpet flooring insulation is essential as it also protects the mat and ensure it lasts a long time. Palziv X-linked insulation is specially designed to work under laminate, engineered, real wood and carpet flooring and plays an important role in extending the life of your heating mat.
Palziv X-linked is manufactured from cross-linked closed polyethylene foam and:
- is water repellent (i.e. rot and mould resistant).
- is sound insulating, creating a "quieter" floor to walk on.
- has a softer feel under foot to wooden and carpeted floors adding to the impression of luxury.
- requires a thinner carpet underlay without losing the impression of a thicker, more expensive one.
- is up to 50% faster to install when compared to conventional board insulation.
Palziv X-linked insulation is available in two roll sizes; 10m2 and 20m2. They are extremely light and easy to work with and can also be cut by just a pair of scissors!
Please note that Palziv X-linked insulation is not suitable insulation for wooden or carpet flooring that must be stuck down.