Foil Kit System Installation
Installation under Laminate, Engineered & Wood
(Floors must not be nailed down)
- Wooden Flooring.
- Rayoflex Foil Heating Mat.
- 6mm Softboard/ Palziv Insulation.
- Floor Slab/ suspended wooden floor.
Installation under Hessian-backed Carpet
- Carpet (hessian/felt backed or seagrass) with underlay (Carpet Tog 1.7 or less, Underlay Tog 0.8)
- Rayoflex Foil Heating Mat
- 6mm Softboard/ Palziv Insulation
- Floor Slab/ suspended wooden floor)
Stuck Down Flooring (i.e. Amtico, Lino & some Wood)
The Rayoflex foil cable heating mat is not suitable for any floor that is to be glued down or with the use of latex based self-levelling compounds. For these floor types, please use the WEB-TECH Cable Heating system .
Prices & Buy Online
Basic Installation Method
- 1 Prepare sub-floor by removing all dust and debris.
Fix Palziv insulation to the sub-floor using a double sided tape or glue spray.
Ensure that the whole surface is covered.
Once the insulation is fixed, unroll and correctly position the Rayoflex Mats.
Every time the mat is cut and turned, close the gap between the mat and cover the
cable with the foil tape provided.
Cut a small groove into the insulation so the cold cable connectors lay flush and
run them back to the thermostat.
- 6 Lay the thermostat floor sensor in the conduit and place between mat turns.
- 7 Re-test the mats to ensure none have been damaged during installation.
- 8 With the system turned off, either lay the wood flooring or the carpet underlay and carpet.